This is a final reminder that your quiz for Vocabulary List 15 is Tuesday, June 2nd!!
Also your first draft for your Literary Essay (comparing and contrasting a nonfiction and fiction sources) was due today. This week we are editing and revising our drafts.
Remember, you're choosing a fiction and nonfiction source from the same historic period to compare and contrast. How are they the same? How are they different? How does the author use the history to create his/her fiction piece?
Good Luck! Final drafts due Friday, June 5th.
Vocabulary List 15
1. Insouciant- Showing a casual lack of concern; indifferent or untroubled.
2. Loathe- To feel intense dislike for; hate
3. Witty- Showing a quick and inventive verbal humor; comical or funny (in an intelligent way).
4. Colossal- Extremely large; gargantuan/ huge
5. Diminutive- Extremely or unusually small; tiny
6. Vapid- Offering nothing that is stimulating or challenging; dull; uninspiring.
7. Charming- Pleasant or attractive; delightful.
8. Obtuse- Annoyingly insensitive or slow to understand; stupid/ignorant
9. Expound- To explain in detail; elucidate.
10. Censure- To express severe disapproval in a formal way; criticize.